Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rainy Wednesday

It’s great to see that the Tuesday/Thursday night polo field workouts have really caught on. I’ve been going out there just about every Tuesday & Thursday night for the past 4 winters. I was mostly alone for the first 2 years, then Greg was there all the time last winter. This year we’ve had a couple roaring mice and several bike forums riders join us. We had about 12 out there last night. It sure is nice to have the company, especially when you’re not feeling great.

When to you decide to quit a workout? I’m usually pretty good at toughing through them, but last night I could feel that I just didn’t have it. The legs were flat and the power wasn’t there. Maybe it was the 2 races on Sunday, or this cold/cough that I can’t seem to shake, but after the first 6 mile interval (which was over 1 minute slower than last week), it started sprinkling and despite having a great group out there I decided to bag it, go home and rest. I was a bit sad as I rode off and saw the long string of red blinkie lights continue going round and round, but I had to listen to my body.

Looks like the rain is going to continue just about every day for the next 10 days or so. Too bad for the tour of CA, both the riders and the fans. I sure feel lucky that we had such great weather for our camp last month.

Speaking of the tour of CA, unfortunately I won’t be able to see as much of it live as I’d like to. I’ll be down in Coalinga/Fresno area this weekend for the Velo Promo fun. I’m trying to find out if there’s a bar in the Fresno area I can watch the prologue on after the Cantua Creek race. Maybe I can even make it up to Santa Rosa in time for the finish on Sunday after Pine Flat.

At the very least I’ll catch them coming through SF on Monday. I wonder if Robin Williams will be out in his yard since the race goes right by his house? Isn’t he buddy buddy with that Lance guy?
Tuesday is iffy. I’d love to go out to Sierra Road again, but it’s going to be tough to get out of the office, speaking of which I've got to get back to work.

No comments: