Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Training Week June 1 - June 7, 2009

Monday - off
Tuesday - GG Park sprints + long cooldown with some tempo - 2:10
Wednesday - Lunch spin class - moderate - 50 min.
Thursday - Polo field paceline/tempo - set PR of 38 laps (~25.5 mi) in 1 HR. - 1:50 total ride
Friday - Lunch spin class - easy - 45 min.
Saturday - Ross' Epic Hill climb - real low turnout this year, only 7 in the P/1/2. We didn't go too fast on the 1st flat 6 miles before the climb started. I was content to go to the front on the early slopes & set a moderate tempo & wait for attacks. David Van Orsdel (AC) threw in a few that got rid of everyone except me & Steve O'Mara (ZteaM). I went to the front after that. My time was about 1 min slower than 2 years ago (I had 1:03:30, they had me at 39 sec slower), but our 1st miles were at least 2 min slower, so the climb was faster. Ride back + 40 min more - Total ride 3:00.
Sunday - easy 40 min spin in the park.

Weekly totals: 7:40 riding, 1:35 spin class - 9:15 total.
Low volume week with some good intensity.

No comments: