Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cars, Parking and Gas

It's that time of day when the SF parking patrol comes by to ticket and tow those who are too dumb to realize that when a sign says no parking from 3-7 PM they mean it. The tow truck always sets of the car's alarm and it's a real distraction.








Here's the bus zone that I look down at from my cube with a view.
I'm glad I don't have to drive to work.




Those parking control vehicles kind of remind me of the Smart cars, but they're not nearly as cool.


Man if I had one of those parking would be a whole lot easier in my neighborhood.

Before I get one though I'd have to make sure I could fit a bike in the back.

I'm sure it would use a lot less gas than the Silver Bullet I currently drive, but it won't be able to take 4 guys and 4 bikes to a race. I don't really drive anywhere except to races anyway.

Speaking of gas, I got one of those e-mails trying to convince everyone that if they boycott Exxon and Mobil they'll be forced to lower their gas prices to $2 a gallon. I really don't think that would ever work, but I'll avoid Exxon and Mobil since I usually get my gas at Arco if I can anyway.

I'll be driving up to Bend next month for the Cascade Cycling Classic, so I hope gas doesn't go much above $5 a gallon by then. Not many masters enteries so far. Maybe high gas prices are keeping people away. Luckily I have a place to stay, so the gas will be the most expensive part of the trip.

If gas keeps going up I'm sure we'll see a decline in the number of racers at all the remote places we race (which is most of the races we do anyway). That's the only thing that makes me sad about high gas prices.

No comments: