Monday, May 26, 2008

Races of Truth

Karin and I, and our 4 kitties live in a small apartment.
This was fine when I was a runner because runners don't have a lot of stuff.
Sure, I had a lot of shoes, about 20 pairs. I had to have something for every type of terrain & condition, but they all easily fit into my closet. Then I started cycling......

It started with 1 road bike 3 years ago. Then I added a set of race wheels, a commuter bike, more race wheels and now a TT bike too. Things started getting crowded.

Karin was kind enough to install a wheel rack in the hallway above the bathroom door.

There's no room for the TT bike, so it sits unassembled in the closet most of the time. But now it's time to take it out again and set it up for the TT's I have coming up over the next 2 weekends.

I don't enjoy training on the TT bike because it doesn't feel very comfortable (and it's not like you can join your local group ride on a TT bike). I've been told though that if it feels comfortable then you're doing it wrong. I've heard that these TT's are pretty flat. Bummer, but at least I don't have to worry about sprinting.

No comments: